- Balance play and learning in a play based learning model
- Promote both the key competencies from the New Zealand Curriculum and the Chelsea school motto, values and DNA.
- Create firm home school partnerships, communication is key
- Adopt a growth mindset where can’t is replaced by ‘not yet’ thinking
- Value attempts at learning and the process rather than the result – First Attempt in Learning mindset.
- Utilise a range of strategies to support learners to adjust to school life
- Have a safe, nurturing environment where learning risk taking is fostered and high expectations are embedded in classrooms.
We are excited to be a part of your child’s learning journey and look forward to working alongside you. Through our Seesaw blog you can catch a glimpse of some of our learning and adventures at school.