Cheslsea Primary School
Growing Great Learners
Te Whakatipu Akonga Miharo
Nau mai, harae mai, and welcome to our website.
It is such a privilege to lead the team at Chelsea. I am surrounded by learners, both big and small, who never fail to inspire me daily. I love the diversity at Chelsea, and it is great to showcase and celebrate who we are through many different layers of the curriculum. From academics to sports, the arts and culture, our learners shine. I believe that we must meet every child where they are, to partner with each and every family so that we can share our knowledge in order to support and challenge our kids to grow into great people who love the lives they are living. I look forward to welcoming you into our Chelsea School whānau.
Our DNA has strong links to the key competencies from the New Zealand Curriculum, and the work of Carol Dweck based on the concept of ‘Growth Mindset.
In order to thrive as future-focused learners, we believe that our students must be able to:
– with each other, with teachers, whānau and members of the community.
– to be able to use written and spoken words with a clear voice as well as symbols and code to communicate thoughts, feelings & ideas.
Be up for a Challenge
– to build their resilience and to persevere when faced with tricky learning or situations. We explicitly teach ‘Growth Mindset’.
– curiosity is at the heart of great learning. We want our learners to question and challenge in order to make connections to the world around them.
Our Values are key qualities and attributes that ‘Grow Great People’.
CULTURE & SPORT
We have such diverse learners at Chelsea, and we love any opportunity to celebrate who we are. We have two amazing Kapa Haka rōpū (groups) who we are incredibly proud of. They represent us at cultural festivals and are an important part of our school events such as pōwhiri.
Chelsea learners are ‘Up for the Challenge’ in many sporting codes and events. We enter school teams in competitions outside of the school for Netball, Basketball, Hockey, Flippa Ball and Soccer. Our Y4-6 learners participate in regular cluster sports events, such as swimming, rippa, athletics, netball…the list goes on. We are proud of our sports teams and the way that they show our school values on and off the field or court.
Monday, December 11
- Water 'n' Wheels - Year 6
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Wednesday, December 13
- Semester 2 Sports Prize-Giving
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- Xmas Carols
- 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Monday, December 18
- Picnic Day
- All Day